Know Your Options Before You No Longer Have An Option
At Roose Law PLC, many of our clients are business professionals, salespeople and other hardworking employees who suddenly find themselves in financial straits because their companies downsized or their commission structures changed, and they simply don’t have the necessary income to pay all their debts.
Whatever situation you find yourself in, we can help to lift your burden of debt-related stress.
Although filing bankruptcy can be an effective solution for many people, it isn’t right for everyone. With nearly 20 years of combined experience, our Southfield-area lawyers for bankruptcy alternatives can explain all your other options for regaining control of your finances.
Experienced Lawyers For Loan Modifications, Short Sales And More
Here are a few potential alternatives to filing bankruptcy in Michigan:
- Loan modifications: We will review various loan modification options to determine what could work for your financial situation in these tough economic times. Such a mortgage modification may:
- Reduce your loan rate to 3% APR for at least five years
- Extend your loan from 30 to 40 years
- Defer some of your mortgage balance
- Reduce or eliminate late fees
- Short sales: In a short sale, you sell the property and negotiate with the bank to accept less than the amount that you owe.
- Debt settlement: You may be able to negotiate the amount you owe down to a reasonable amount. If you owe $25,000, for instance, your creditor may be willing to accept $10,000 right now and forgive the rest of the debt instead of hoping for you to pay the full amount at some point in the future.
- Deed in lieu of foreclosure: This involves giving the property back to the back to avoid a foreclosure.
Contact Our Flint Loan Modification Lawyers For A Free Consultation
Attorney Adam M. Roose focuses his practice exclusively on consumer debt relief and stay up-to-date on all the latest legal rulings and regulations. To schedule a free consultation about bankruptcy alternatives, call us at 248-331-1200 or contact us online.
We are a debt relief agency. We help people file for bankruptcy relief under the Bankruptcy Code.